Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving

As an adult, Thanksgiving has quickly become my most favorite holiday of the year.  I am so happy that I am now a part of the "Brownsmead Thanksgiving" tradition.  Eating together as a community at the grange is the best way to do Thanksgiving.  We only prepare one or two dishes, and get to choose from about 30 different dishes with 50 of our closest family and friends!  

This year was very special because it was Lucy's first Thanksgiving.  We started the day at Grammie Connie's for brunch.  I unfortunately, had a migraine, so I was not much fun and not too thankful.  As usual, my mom stuffed us full of food and sent us home with more food to enjoy all weekend.  

Aunt Hanna and Uncle Brandon were in town and they came to the rescue and helped watch Lucy so Ben could cook up our mashed potatoes and I could lay down and keep the migraine at bay.  After laying in bed for over 3 hours, I finally got up just in time to head out for dinner.

Dinner at the grange was fabulous.  There were some new dishes this year that were so yummy.  My favorites were Jan Johnson's pumpkin casserole, and the sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top.  So bad for you, but sooooo good!  We ended up with lots of leftover mashed potatoes and not much else, but we do have a turkey in the freezer that we'll cook for ourselves sometime this month.  





No comments:

Post a Comment